Chic

Friday, September 4, 2009

Pampanga's Best


I lived in Angeles City, Pampanga for almost 1 year when I was working in Clark Eco-zone. Clark, Angeles in particular is a first class municipality. My first reaction when I first landed my feet in this place was “a City that never sleeps!”

My first visit there was to attend a job interview. I knew nothing about this place. I have no friends or relatives living there. But I felt so excited that I didn’t mind if I can find a place to stay since it was already late in the afternoon when I arrived. I didn’t feel worried when I saw the City. They have it all, name it…hotels, bars, restaurants, malls, you’ll find everything that can be found in Manila and their residents need not to go far to experience the modern life.

Inside the economic zone you’ll experience fresh air and greener scenery. A lot of big old trees can be found here. Bicentennial (shown in photo) and Stotsenberg parks are also open for everyone who would like to relax, there are picnic tables (grilling areas are also provided), children’s playground, jogging areas, a wide open field where you can sit down and enjoy watching around. There are also the high end resorts Mimosa and Fontana, Duty free for your shopping needs. Another place to see inside is the Nayong Pilipino sa Clark – here you will find the replica or miniature tourist spot of the Philippines.

Outside the eco-zone is where the city life lies in the maingate area. For the night life there are a lot of bars to choose from along Fields Avenue to Friendship gate. Spa and beauty salon spreads everywhere. There are also a lot of places to stay found along these streets. Most of the time hotels are fully book on weekends so be ready to book early if you’re planning to visit Clark. As soon as Christmas is coming they put up an amusement park “Boom na Boom” near SM mall.

During my stay in Pampanga I rented an apartment near Angeles City proper. Since Clark maingate have higher cost of living I chose to live outside for a cheaper budget. For only a minimum fare I can go to anywhere within the city. Market, hospital, and schools are walking distance from where I stay.

Watch out for my next blog about Pampanga…

No comments:

Post a Comment